Finance & Administrative Manager
Compassion House Foundation is seeking a full time (37.5 hours/week) Finance & Administrative Manager.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Compassion House Foundation, the Finance & Administrative Manager is responsible for the preparation of the Foundation’s financial statements and timely and accurate processing of all accounting information for management, board of directors, auditors and other stakeholders as requested. The position will oversee the day to day administration of Compassion House Foundation and Sorrentino’s Compassion House.
- Manage Foundation accounting functions and prepare monthly and annual financial statements for operational decision making. Analyze account balances and reports to ensure revenues and expenses are in line with budgets;
- Lead the financial planning role within the Foundation to develop annual and long term operating and capital budgets;
- Manage month end and year end requirements, including year-end working papers and supporting documentation for the audit;
- Monitor and report on the cash flow of the Foundation – guest fees, tracking donations, tax receipting, capital campaign pledges and expenditure;
- Bookkeeping duties such as cheque preparation, bank deposits, bank reconciliations and payroll;
- Coordinate the internal audit controls for cash handling, and ensure leading practices for procurement card transactions and department business applications;
- Preparation of the Registered Charity return, GST return and AGLC reports;
- Manages relationships with key partners such as banking institution, investment company and auditors;
- Manage Foundation capital assets and insurance coverages;
- Coordinate and report on all financial aspects of special events (pre and post event);
- Provide financial leadership at special events and manages event count room volunteers;
- Process payroll using Ceridian, tracks staff benefits, vacation and personal time
- Manage donor/guest database, Raiser’s Edge;
- Maintain office equipment inventory and maintenance;
- Provide administrative support to the executive director and board of directors;
- Assist the executive director with special projects and events, including Fashion with Compassion and third party events;
- Assist with donor relations including the generation of thank you letters;
- Assist with communications – website management, blog posts, social media, newsletters
Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in accounting/ business administration or related field with five years progressive accounting experience and knowledge of accounting standards and internal controls, preferably in a not-for-profit environment.
Compassion House Foundation operates from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. There is occasionally a requirement for work outside of core hours.
Compassion House Foundation offers competitive salaries and has a benefit package for full time employees including extended health care, long and short term disability and an RSP matching program.
Please send resume via email or mail to
Mellissa Kraft, Executive Director
Compassion House Foundation
Edmonton, AB T6G 0J6
Application deadline is March 4, 2016