Reporting to the Compassion House Foundation Executive Director, the Program Manager is a full time (37.5 hours/week) position that is flexible to meet the needs of women journeying through cancer.
Through this new initiative, participants (guests and former guests of Sorrentino’s Compassion House) will have access to mental health support that offers - one to one support, groups and workshops. The purpose of the program is to support women through the distress of the cancer journey by identifying needs, strengthening knowledge of coping skills, connecting them to resources in their home communities as well as active programming.
- In consultation with the executive director, develop individual and group education and support programs and services for Compassion House Foundation. The program plan includes needs assessment, outcome measures, policies, procedures, related forms, evaluation and reporting processes;
- Guest program development, implementation and evaluation;
- Assist the executive director in monitoring guest services from a quality assurance and risk management perspective;
- Conduct formal one-to-one support, information gathering relationship building sessions with guests (and possibly family members) of Sorrentino’s Compassion House;
- Facilitate group programming at Sorrentino’s Compassion House and in key communities outside Edmonton focusing on issues related to a cancer diagnosis, treatment and life after treatment;
- Participate in planning retreats and conferences (We Can Weekend) for women journeying through cancer;
- Follow up with guests of Sorrentino’s Compassion House once they return home and help to connect them with community resources where available as well as evaluating their stat at Sorrentino’s Compassion House;
- Facilitate the navigation of potentially complex systems to access community support services across central and northern Alberta;
- Engage in a process of continuous learning and professional development;
- Cultivate an environment that promotes open communication with guests, a safe therapeutic environment, dignity, respect and the provision of educational tools and support as applicable to empower the guests;
- Build strong working relationships and contribute to a positive working environment;
- Develop documentation system, maintain records and regularly report on program outcomes. Follow through with a weekly reporting system to the Executive Director.
- Post-secondary education in human services;
- Minimum 5 years recent experience;
- Experience working with women with cancer and assisting in identifying, problem solving and supporting them in meeting their needs;
- A working knowledge of program development, implementation and evaluation;
- Understanding of rural Alberta (resources and uniqueness’s);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Passionate about this cause and excited to make a difference;
- Registered with an applicable licensing association. Require practice permit;
- Police Security Check required.
To best meet the needs of house guests, the hours of work are flexible - afternoon to early evening. Some weekend work is required.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Mellissa Kraft, Executive Director Compassion House Foundation email@example.com
Salary Range: A competitive salary will be offered dependent on education and experience.
Closing date: Until a suitable candidate is found.