Reporting to the Executive Director Compassion House Foundation, the Community Relations Coordinator is responsible for successfully engaging community through communications and development activities.
- Leadership role for special event management. This includes Fashion with Compassion and third party fundraisers within and outside of Edmonton;
- Cultivate and solicit event sponsorship, fundraising items and major gifts;
- Evaluate fund development programs and initiatives;
- Develop fundraising initiatives to support the strategic direction of Compassion House Foundation;
- Create detailed work plans including timelines and deliverables focusing on achieving fund development & communications goals;
- Manage foundation, corporate and individual donor files;
- Develop, implement, manage and evaluate donor relations programs;
- Create external communication strategies to engage stakeholders through a variety of channels including social media and electronic communication;
- Assist with website content management, blog posts and newsletters;
- Record guest stories/experiences and communicate outcomes to Foundation stakeholders;
- Make presentations and offer tours on behalf of Compassion House Foundation & Sorrentino’s Compassion House.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in related field with minimum three years’ progressive experience, preferably in a not-for-profit environment.
- Demonstrated success in implementing an integrated fund development program including major gifts, planned giving, annual giving, special events and donor relations.
- Solid knowledge of ethical principles and best practices of fundraising, donor relations and communications.
- Superior organizational, time management and communication skills (verbal and written).
- High degree of initiative, proficiency and efficiency working with time sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Interact effectively with all levels of employees, volunteers, donors and prospects.
- Exceptional application of Microsoft Office. Broad experience with technology and social media. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database management system.
- Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency, Federal and Provincial laws as they pertain to charitable work.
- Valid driver’s license.
This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours/week. Compassion House Foundation operates from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. however this role will require flexibility in hours.
Please Submit Resumes by Feb. 17, 2017 to:
Mellissa Kraft, Executive Director
Compassion House Foundation
10909-76 Ave., Edmonton, AB T6G 0J6
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 780-429-3018