Fashion with Compassion 2016 – Public Relations/Media Support
The Opportunity Compassion House Foundation invites creative, resourceful, organized and connected companies to submit a proposal for the public relations and media aspects for Fashion with Compassion 2016.
About Compassion House Foundation & Fashion with Compassion
Compassion House Foundation is a non-profit organization that operates Sorrentino’s Compassion House. Unique in Alberta, it meets a critical need for women who must travel to Edmonton for cancer treatment at the Cross Cancer Institute. Sorrentino’s Compassion House is welcoming and supportive and offers a sense of community. Sorrentino’s Compassion House offers 14 guest suites and well equipped common areas. For more information www.compassionhouse.org
Fashion with Compassion is the signature fundraising event for Compassion House Foundation and is one of Edmonton’s “must attend” events. Fashion with Compassion is two events in one day – a lunch & fashion show and an evening gala & fashion show. The 20th annual Fashion with Compassion takes place at the Shaw Conference Centre, Hall D on October 27, 2016. The event attracts up to 700 people for lunch and 700 for the gala. www.fashioncompassion.ca
Project Overview The scope of this project is to plan, source and execute the public relations, marketing and media plan for Fashion with Compassion 2016 within the approved budget and the event theme.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Create a communications/marketing plan for Fashion with Compassion which includes exciting elements to promote the 20th anniversary of the event. The plan should include sponsored media advertising, social media and media relations.
- Work with Fashion with Compassion committee to understand the event theme and event elements. Develop plan accordingly.
- Attend relevant Fashion with Compassion Committee meetings and provide a report on communications/media relations.
- Develop communication strategies and tactics to engage local, regional and national stories.
- Liaise with appropriate Fashion with Compassion committee members to ensure cohesive communications for the event. • In collaboration with Compassion House Foundation, secure and manage media sponsorships.
- Manage social media messaging and schedules to be shared with event partners.
- Manage on site media at Fashion with Compassion Oct. 27, 2016.
- Complete a final evaluation of the communications/marketing plan.
- Proposal deadline: March 1, 2016
- Shortlist presentations (if required: By March 4, 2016)
- Project Awarded:March 7, 2016
- Work with Fashion show committee members to develop plan, execute & evaluate event: March – Nov. 2016
- Communications Plan with Budget presented: May 5, 2016
- Secure media sponsors: May 9, 2016
- Event Day: Oct. 27, 2016
- Event Wrap Up: Nov. 2016 TBD
- Company profile
- Profile of key personnel
- Summary of experience working on large fundraising events. Please include samples of past work that you feel are the most relevant including samples of social media strategies and executions.
- Any other information that will showcase the agency and how it will be mutually beneficial to Compassion House Foundation
- Contact information for 3 references
- Fees including any in-kind support
Proposals to be submitted to: Mellissa Kraft, Executive Director Compassion House Foundation
10909-76 Ave. Edmonton AB T6G 0J6
Deadline: March 1, 2016 by 4 pm.